Dr. Ann Ascher and Dr. Christy Artuso at Clover Hill Animal Hospital want to express our sincere gratitude and appreciation for our clients during the past few months. COVID-19, an unprecedented global health crisis, has impacted every aspect of daily life. Despite the upheaval and frightening statistics, our clients continue to place their trust in our hospital with the health and wellbeing of their pets. The entire Clover Hill staff is very conscious of our responsibility to uphold that trust and continue to provide excellent veterinary care while adhering to strict guidelines in order to protect clients and their families from the spread of COVID-19.
The safety of our staff, clients, and families is our utmost priority. As early as March 16th, we have been implementing new safety protocols with the goal of inhibiting the spread of COVID-19 and ensuring the health and safety of our clients. These protocols are in alignment with the American Veterinary Medical Association’s COVID-19 recommendations. The guidelines generated by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) are the result of the collaboration with other health and government organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control, Food and Drug Administration, and the World Health Organization.
Clover Hill Animal Hospital has been diligent in implementing safety protocols in accordance with the recommendations of the AVMA.
These protocols include:
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of the clinic
- Frequent hand washing
- All employees wear gloves and face masks when interacting with clients face-to-face
- Clients are asked to remain in their cars while pets are brought inside for examinations and procedures
- Patient history is taken over the phone
- Use of clinic leashes to bring pets into the clinic
- Whenever possible, electronic payment is taken over the phone
- When possible, telemedicine / phone consultations are available for a fee
- All staff is required to use personal protective equipment, including face masks, at all times while working
- Curbside pickup for food and medication is available
- Encouraging clients to use our app and online store in order to limit physical contact
- Altered hours of operation and staggered appointment times to limit the number of staff and pets in the clinic at one time
- Employees exhibiting any sign of illness are asked to stay home
These protocols are fluid and subject to change as we learn more about COVID-19.
While we are living in very uncertain times, Clover Hill Animal Hospital will continue to provide outstanding veterinary care while constantly striving to implement evidence-based safety measures to protect the community that we serve.
Clover Hill will continue to strive to meet clients’ needs during this difficult time. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 908-806-4525.
Dr. Ann Ascher DVM and Entire Staff